Saturday, January 2, 2021

Busy in 2020!

Since the pandemic started, we have been enjoying being at home more. Even though I've been lucky enough to be a stay at home mom for eight years now, we've been nonstop busy the entire time. I love every minute of being home with my two boys and watching them grow up. My husband works from home everyday and is able to enjoy more family time also.

I've not only been on our neighborhood association board for three full years now, but I've become president of our local area Moms Club! Interested in the club? Go to Momsclub.org to find our more.  I love how the club is organized with a handbook and regular event calendar template.  Also I've been a volunteer certified Master Gardener & newsletter editor for three years now so its a full plate but focus is shifting!  I will gradually had off the Secretary position to the next volunteer in our neighborhood.  

I'm mostly focused on keeping our moms club running smoothly with all of this covid stuff happening!  We have had so many fun new ideas come out of this year's experience! We were able to do a porch fairy gift exchange and a cookie porch drop/exchange for the winter holiday timeframe (along with weekly outdoor nature walks).  January already has a fun felt craft kit planned along with weekly outdoor adventures for the moms and kids.  

One of our winter events was a "Nailed It" theme... trying to perfect a cupcake snowman! It was so fun to watch our sticky snowmen fall over and then eat the candies.



Here is a deer that our moms club walked by on the paths of Dinosaur Hill Nature area.

In the picture below, we were at the pond in front of the Avon Nature Study area. My 8 yr old son loved breaking ice with the stick. At first he didn't want to go anywhere but then he doesn't want to leave once we get there haha! 


The adorable furry pony below was located at the Wolcott Mill Metropark Farm Center.That is my 3 yr old and I at the fence.


The playground at Wolcott Mill is nice and wide open so we decided to sit on the wooden carved horse (not worrying about covid since no other visitors were there!)


Enjoy your day and stay positive, happy and healthy in the new year!

No comments: